Solemnities: Celebrating a Tapestry of Divine Beauty by Christopher Carstens, Alexis Kutarna, and Denis McNamara. Milwaukee, WI: Ascension Press, 2022. ISBN: 978-1-95488-160-0
Celebrate the greatest feasts of the Catholic Church with art, history, and family activities! A timeless Catholic heirloom that calls believers to rejoice in the sacred feasts of the liturgical calendar, Solemnities: Celebrating a Tapestry of Divine Beauty helps Catholics understand the most important celebrations of the Catholic Faith and why they are important.
This new offering from Ascension Press can be found on their website here.
Solemnities have a rich tradition and profound meaning in the Bible and our lives. For each of the 17 Solemnities found on the Universal Calendar of the Roman Catholic Church, discover:
- When the feast is celebrated within the liturgical calendar
- References to Holy Scripture and Catholic Tradition
- Inspiring background on the holy person or event honored
- Complete explanations of the reason for the feast day
- Beautiful, full-page illustrations of Catholic sacred art
- Reflections and explanations on each piece of art
- Images depicting ways that Catholics celebrate the Solemnity around the world
- How to bring the Solemnities to life in your heart and home
Written by three experts from the Liturgical Institute at St. Mary of the Lake University, Mundelein, IL, this rich resource will help you learn how to live according to the liturgical calendar, celebrate each feast as a family, and establish traditions that can be passed on for generations to come.
Sanctify your year with this hardcover, heirloom-quality book that brings truth and beauty together to demonstrate the glory of these sublime days.